I didn't notice RoadRunner Sports was charging my card every year and haven't shopped there in five years. I logged in and my VIP membership doesn't expire until December 20, 2018 but I have a credit card charge from RoadRunner on December 7th for membership renewal.

The other problem is RoadRunner charged a credit card number that they've never had possession of. In fact the card number has only been in existence for a month. How did RoadRunner acquire my credit card number to charge? And why are they charging three weeks before the expiration date of the membership that I didn't realize I was paying for?

My resolution has been to log on to RoadRunner's website, and cancel my membership as well as send them written documentation of my situation and demand for a refund. And I've reported the charge to Visa as Fraud. The only way RoadRunner could have gotten my credit card number is to inquire with Visa....which if true means CapitalOne will have to answer as to why to gave my credit card number to a company that was going to charge me for an account renewal that hasn't reached it's expiration date, and that I have now canceled three weeks before the expiration date.

I've documented the cancellation, proof the charge happened three weeks prior to the expiration date, my written complaint to RoadRunner, my written complaint to CapitalOne. If it's not refunded immediately, then I guess the next step is to file complaints with the appropriate governing bodies/enforcement about how my credit card number is being acquired by merchants that never had possession of it previously and without my consent...….in addition to the policy of charging weeks before the expiration date and negating the ability for the consumer to cancel before the expiration date arrives....

Product or Service Mentioned: Roadrunner Vip Membership.

Comments