Roadrunner Sports - Automatic VIP Club renewal without permission

31 of 34 Roadrunner reviews

Roadrunner sports automatically renews your VIP membership for $24.99 the following year.I purchased shoes last year and joined to save the shipping.

I was surprised to see the renewal charge on my credit card bill this month. The info on the site currently says "The $1.99 price is a first year introductory special. Annually the Club renews at $24.99." It does not state that the renewal is AUTOMATIC.

I read through the link where it said I could 'read to my hearts content' about the program and can't find anything about automatic renewal.Check your credit card bills and bank accounts.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Had the same issue 178 Yes 178
31 of 34 Roadrunner reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Nov 08 #1238155 Edmonds, Washington, United States

I had a charge for $27.99. I called, waited about 10 minutes, and they said they will reverse the charges. 95% of the time, i never sign up for memberships even if there is small discount, as i am against these types of scams, so i don't think i would have signed up for this one. but i'll wait and see if they take the charges off. i do worry about another year from now....

0 0 Reply

Oct 22 #1230531

I have the same problem and just realized I have been paying two years of membership fees. I called the number on the website to cancel the service and was on hold for almost an hour (48:34). So I called my creditcard company to block any charge from Roadrunner and decided I will not be a customer to them again.

everyman

Sep 30 #1220910 Thousand Oaks, California, United States

No wonder they rang the bell, when I gave them my card info.
I will try to retrieve my card info, Luckily, they tried to charge my Costco/Amex. Closed account!

Sep 13 #1212270

This happened to me today ... So pissed. I enrolled last year to save 30% but never ever would think or sign up for something that auto enrolls.. Thank GOD i watch my charges like a hawk. Hate Companies like this.

Sep 08 #1209744

I have been charged without permission. I will cancel it inmediatly.

Bruce Biermann

Sep 05 #1208252 Federal Way, Washington, United States

I canceled my RRS VIP membership, but they still charge my credit card every year. Two days ago I was charged $44.99. Scammers! I will be contacting the state attorney general tomorrow.

Aug 24 #1203230

$27.99 charge showed up and I called the 800 #...absolutely no issues reversing the charge. The VIP is for 10% off and free shipping. I guess that makes sense if you are buying more than 2 pairs a year...first year is $1.99 but you just don't realize they are going to capture your card and auto bill it in year 2. Clever.

Aug 08 #1196179 Mission Viejo, California, United States

I have had the same experience. Last year I was billed $24.95 and for a membership I had cancelled. I 'straightened out' the problem with Roadrunner. This year they tried to bill me again. Fortunately I had cancelled the card I had originally used with them.
My advice is to say out of their store!!!

Aug 07 #1195908 Atlanta, Georgia, United States

The same thing has happened to me. I just noticed a charge on my credit card for $27.99 from RRS ROADRUNNER VIP CLUB that I did not authorize. We made a small purchase at Roadrunner Sports last year and did not sign up for any store club (I never do)! THIS IS A SCAM AND I WILL BE CALLING THE STORE TO TELL THEM THEY ARE SCAMMERS!! Credit card charge will be reversed!

Aug 03 #1194053

8/2/2016 just had them do same thing to me-what a scam- they don't explain it auto-renews next year-- I NEVER would have signed up for this--used one time only--exactly 1year ago--bad business-WONT buy from them again--EVER

Aug 01 #1193035 San Marcos, California, United States

Yep, everything I've been reading just happened to me as well. Auto-renewal and I can't find any place on their where I can cancel. I'm disputing with my CC company.

1 1 Reply
Scammed again

Mar 14 #1127143

Yep that is correct and these people need to be taken down. BBB and Amex are all accomplice. This is going on to be put in as unfair business practises and as fraud on every financial and social media site I can find.

Mar 09 #1124463

I purchased a pair of shoes last year at Road Runner Sports in Elkridge MD, but when the clerk asked me if I wanted to join your VIP club, I said no because it would've been my last purchase there, since I'm a foreign. A couple days ago, exactly a year after my purchase, I received a notification from my bank about the renew of the VIP membership, even if I clearly denied to join this VIP club. I absolutely want you (Road Runner Sports) to cancel me immediately from your VIP club and I expect you to refound me for 24.86 euros
My name is Elena Puddu, please contact me at my email address chiccopu@tiscali.it
A consumer

Feb 25 #1117955

Well try this.
I used my cc at RRS and my wife used her phone number for the VIP discount.
She did not know they had an auto-renewal.
RRS used my cc to renew her account because it was the last card used.
They suck

Nan

Feb 09 #1109333

Same experience: three years in a row now.
I call, they refund it, $29.99 in my case, then the charge appears again later.
I intend to take legal action.
Ripped off in Oregon !

Jan 23 #1099792

Just caught this on my account. $26.99 - not authorized...called and got it reversed, but geez. I bought one pair of shoes from them a year ago. This is nasty.

Jan 12 #1093026

As much as I love the shoes and custom soles I bought at Road Runner a couple of years ago. We have moved out of the area and I will no longer be purchasing from Road Runner. Please refund the VIP renewal charge and cancel my renewal membership.
I was not told a charge was being posted to my credit card.
Please refund me for $26.99
My name is Terri Green
I was formerly living at:
401 Rockefeller Irvine, CA 92612 My phone is 949 433-3681

Jan 05 #1089166

I am also on hold now waiting to cancel my membership! I've cancelled my credit card so they can't charge on it again! Still on hold. The chirpy voice said it would be 3 minutes.

1-20 of 118 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Roadrunner. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Roadrunner.
Filing a new complaint about
×